CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

13 January 2011

Crayon Melting

Crayon Melting

What you'll need:
  • Wax paper (two sheets for each child)
  • Crayons
  • Cheese Grater
  • String
  • Needle
  • Iron
  • White Paper

I took a few different crayons and used our small cheese grater on it. I didn't know how much to shave because I didn't know how well the boys would do with this. What I would recommend for two to three children is one full crayon shaved. We used five colors, so you would need five different colored crayons that you don't mind shaving.


Have them spread shavings all over one sheet of wax paper.

I let the boys do whatever they wanted to do. The mixed colors and had colors seperate. Its their masterpiece so I let them do whatever they want to do.

Once their were finished I gathered up some of the crayon shavings that were left over and had the boys dump it on their sheets of wax paper.

I then put the other piece of wax paper over the shavings and had my iron on warm. I placed the white sheet of paper over the wax paper and gently rubbed in circles until the crayon was melted, but not gooey (if that makes sense - you just don't want it running out the edges of the paper).

Once you are complete and have let the Crayon Melting cool, remove the top sheet of wax paper off. Be very gentle and DO NOT BEND.

Take your needle and thread and poke a hole into the wax paper and tie a knot that way you can hang them up on the window. Another idea is use a little bit of Elmer's Glue and put it on the window. It drys clear and is extrememly easy cleanup.

We hope that you enjoy this craft as much as we did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment